Pan-Seared Chicken Breast
Courtesy of Douglas Baldwin
Time: 2 hours
- 4 (6 ounce/170 g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 to 3 tablespoons (30 to 40 ml) high smoke point oil, such as grape seed, peanut, safflower, or vegetable
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Fill and preheat the SousVide Supreme to 146F/63.5C.
- Place each chicken breast into a separate food pouch and vacuum/seal.
- Place the sealed pouches into the pouch rack of the SousVide Supreme and cook for at least 2 hours.
- Remove the chicken breasts from their pouches and pat them dry with paper towels.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over high heat, watching carefully, until the oil just begins to smoke.
- Working in batches if needed to prevent overcrowding the pan, place chicken breasts in the skillet and sear until golden brown.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and season with salt and pepper. Wipe out the skillet and repeat with remaining chicken breasts.
- If desired, top with your favorite sauce, such as Creamy Spinach and Bacon sauce. Serve immediately.