Chinese 5 Spice Pork
Courtesy of Chef Richard Blais
Time 48 Hours
- 1 pound (454 g) pork belly
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) Chinese 5-Spice powder
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper
- 1 slice bacon
- Preheat SousVide Supreme to desired serving temperature 140F/60C for medium.
- Put pork belly into a cooking pouch with seasonings and bacon slice, and vacuum seal.
- Cook for 48 hours at 140F/60C.
- Remove pork belly from the pouch and crisp the surface in a hot skillet or under the broiler before serving.
- Serve immediately with your choice of side dishes. The pork pairs especially well with Brussels sprouts, macaroni & cheese, and applesauce.
Like this? Why not share it: