Ham and Asparagus Scramble Sous Vide
Adapted from The 6 Week Cure for the Middle Aged Middle, Eades and Eades (Crown 2009)
- 1 tablespoon (15 g) unsalted butter
- 4 asparagus spears, washed and trimmed
- 4 ounces (120 g) cooked ham, diced
- 4 large eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon (0.75 ml) garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon (0.75 ml) paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- Fill and preheat the SousVide Supreme water oven to 167F/75C.
- Meanwhile, add 1-inch (2.5 cm) water to a skillet over medium high heat, bring to a boil, and quick cook the asparagus spears for approximately 2 minutes. Remove from the water and quick cool in cold water.
- Cut the cooled spears into 1-inch (2.5 cm) lengths and set aside.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs with the seasonings and pour into a small (quart/liter) food-grade cooking pouch. Add the butter, ham, and asparagus pieces.
- Press out as much air as possible from the pouch and seal only. (Do not attempt to vacuum seal liquids using a suction vacuum sealer.)
- Submerge in the water oven and cook for 15 to 20 minutes, removing the pouch from the bath to massage it gently to mix the contents.
- When the eggs have reached the desired consistency, remove from the pouch and enjoy.