Chicken Caesar Salad Wraps Sous Vide
Adapted from The 6 Week Cure for the Middle Aged Middle, Eades and Eades (Crown 2009)
- 4 ounces chicken tenders*
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup (56 g) chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) Caesar Dressing (commercially prepared or page 273 of 6WC)
- 4 wraps – large lettuce leaves (red leaf or Boston Bibb),Coconut Wraps ,or Low-Carb Tortillas
- 4 anchovy fillets (optional)
- Fill and preheat the SousVide Supreme water oven to 146F/63C.
- Season the chicken lightly with salt and pepper and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Put the seasoned chicken into a small (quart/liter) cooking pouch and vacuum seal.
- Submerge in the water oven and cook for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Remove and if not using right away, quick chill the pouch in an ice water bath (half ice/half water) for15 minutes and refrigerate.
- Dice the chicken and put it into a salad bowl. Add the romaine and dressing and toss to coat evenly.
- Pile one-one fourth of the chicken mixture onto the center of each of the 4 wraps, top each with an anchovy fillet, and roll up burrito style.
*Leverage your time by making several batches of chicken tenders at one time for use in this or other recipes.