Sous Vide Chicken Club Salad Wraps
Adapted from The 6 Week Cure for the Middle Aged Middle, Eades and Eades (Crown 2009)
- 4 ounces chicken tenders*
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 strips bacon, cooked until crisp, drained, and crumbled
- 1 small tomato, diced
- 1 small ripe avocado, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) fresh lime juice
- 2 thin slices red onion
- 1 cup (56 g) chopped romaine lettuce
- 4 large fresh lettuce leaves (red leaf or Boston Bibb)
- 1 recipe Vinaigrette (page 198 6WC)
- Fill and preheat the SousVide Supreme water oven to 146F/63C.
- Season the chicken lightly with salt and pepper and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Put the seasoned chicken into a small (quart/liter) cooking pouch and vacuum seal.
- Submerge in the water oven and cook for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Remove and if not using right away, quick chill the pouch in an ice water bath (half ice/half water) for15 minutes and refrigerate.
- Dice the chicken, bacon, tomato, avocado, onion, and romaine into a salad bowl; add the dressing and toss to coat.
- Center one-fourth of the chicken salad mixture on each of the large lettuce leaves and roll up, burrito style.