Sous Vide Steak
From Episode 2 – Sous Vide Basics Cooking Video Series with Sharone Hakman
- 2 (8 ounces/240 g each) top sirloin steaks
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Fill and preheat the SousVide Supreme to your preferred degree of doneness (120F/49C rare; 134F/56.5C medium rare; 140F/60C medium; 150F/65.5C medium well)
- Season the steaks lightly on either side with salt and pepper and put each into a small (quart/0.9 liter) cooking pouch.
- Add half the garlic, herbs, and butter to each pouch and vacuum seal.
- Submerge in the water oven and cook for at least 45 minutes and up to 8 hours.
- Remove steaks from the pouch and quickly sear them in a hot pan or grill or with a kitchen torch for 30 seconds to 1 minute per side to caramelize and add flavor.
Like this? Why not share it: