From Episode 6 – Sous Vide Basics Cooking Video Series with Sharone Hakman
- 2 cups (300 g) strawberries, hulled and sliced into thick pieces
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) sugar
- 1/4 cup (2 ounces/60 ml) sparkling white wine or champagne
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) whipped cream, sweetened if desired
- fresh mint, for garnish
- Fill and preheat the SousVide Supreme to 183F/84C.
- Put the berries into a small (quart/0.9 liter) cooking pouch*, add the sugar and champagne, and vacuum seal. (Take care if using a suction vacuum sealer not to allow any liquid to enter the suction chamber.)
- Submerge the pouch in the water oven and cook for 10 minute (or up to 30 minutes.)
- Remove pouch and allow berries to cool to room temperature.
- Scoop berries into a martini glass and top with whipped cream and a sprig of mint for an elegant presentation.
*Try the new SousVide Supreme Zip Pouches and use the Archimedes Principle to seal liquid rich foods easily without suction.