Sous Vide Infused Margatini
Courtesy of Sharone Hakman www.sharonehakman.com
Makes about 24 ounces/750 ml
- 1 lemon, for zest
- 1 lime, for zest
- 1 orange, for zest
- 3 ounces (90 ml) agave nectar
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 fifth (750 ml) silver tequila
- Fill and preheat the water oven to 165F/74C.
- With a sharp vegetable peeler, remove strips of zest from the lemon, lime, and orange.
- Put the zest and all remaining ingredients into a large (gallon/3.8 liter) zip-closure cooking pouch and slowly submerge to remove most of the air from the pouch and zip it closed.
- Submerge the pouch in the water oven and cook for 30-45 minutes. (The longer you leave it, the more the flavors will intensify.)
- Remove the pouch from the water bath and quick chill it, submerged in an ice bath (half ice/half water) for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Strain the infusion through a fine mesh sieve and discard the solids.
- Pour the infusion into a clean bottle (the tequila bottle works well), recap tightly, and store in the refrigerator until serving.
- Serve chilled, straight up or over ice, or with your favorite margarita mixers.