Courtesy of Chef Jason Wilson (Crush, Seattle)
- 2 pounds (0.9 kg) fresh pork belly, cut into four even pieces
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) ground fennel
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) red chile pepper flakes
- 4 stems fresh rosemary, stemmed and leaves minced
- Fill and preheat the SousVide Supreme to 167F/75C.
- In a bowl, combine all dry ingredients and rosemary to make a rub.
- Season the pork belly evenly with the rub on all sides.
- Put the belly into a large (gallon/3.8 liter) cooking pouch and the pouch into the freezer for 40 minutes, then vacuum seal the pouch.
- Submerge the pouch in the water oven and cook for 48 hours.
- If desired, remove from pouch, pat dry, and sear in a hot skillet for a minute or two to caramelize the surface.