Chile Cheese Nachos
For the chile cheese dip
3 blocks (8-ounces/240 g each) Velveeta or other smooth-melting cheese
2 cans (14.5 ounce/411g each) tomatoes and green chiles
For the nachos
2 large bags tortilla chips
3 fresh Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced small
1/2 red onion, peeled and diced small
1 can (2 ounces/60g) sliced jalapenos (mild, medium, or hot as desired)
1/2 cup (120 ml) sour cream, if desired
- Fill and preheat the SousVide Supreme to 160F/71C.
- Cube the cheese and put it into a large (gallon/3.8 liter) zip-closure cooking pouch.
- Drain the canned tomatoes and add them and 2 ounces (60 ml) of their can juices to the pouch; use the Archimedes Principle to remove most of the air, then zip the seal.
- Submerge the pouch in the water oven and cook for 30 minutes to 1 hour until completely melted. Remove pouch from the water and massage gently several times during cooking to facilitate the melting.
- Serve immediately or keep the dip hot and fresh in the pouch in the water bath for serving, pouring out as needed. (Reseal pouch using the Archimedes Principle between uses.)
To plate the nachos:
- Pile tortilla chips in individuals bowls.
- Top with a generous drizzle of the chile cheese dip.
- Sprinkle with tomatoes, onions, and jalapenos and top with a dollop of sour cream.
Like this? Why not share it: