Meat Week Soup
Adapted from The 6 Week Cure for the Middle Aged Middle, Eades and Eades (Crown 2009)
- 1 leek, washed , trimmed, and chopped
- ½ head cauliflower, trimmed of leaves and chopped
- 8 ounces white button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 quart chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon Herbs de Provence
- 4 cups fresh spinach
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked sous vide, and diced
- Fill and preheat the SousVide Supreme water oven to 183F/80C.
- Combine all the vegetables in one or more cooking pouches and vacuum seal.
- Submerge the pouch(es) in the water oven and cook for an hour.
- Remove the pouch(es) and if not using right away, quick chill the pouches in an ice water bath (half ice/half water) for at least 20 minutes and refrigerate.
- When ready to assemble, put the broth in a large soup pot, add the seasonings, bring to a boil, add the spinach and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Reduce heat, add the cooked chicken and vegetables, and stir to combine.
Like this? Why not share it: