Pumpkin Bread Sous Vide
Makes 3 mini loaves (about 15 to 18 slices) or mini Bundts
- 2 cups (425 g) sous vide cooked pumpkin puree (or canned pumpkin)
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) melted butter
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) water
- 3 cups (575 g) white sugar
- 3 1/2 cups (348 g) all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons (7.5 ml) salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon (7.5 ml) ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml) ground clove
- Fill the water oven to just below the fill line and adjust the water level for baking as follows:
- Elevate the bottom perforated grill about 1 inch (2.5 cm) on a non-rusting baking rack or baking platform.
- Fill three mini loaf pans (3 x 7 inches/7.5 x 17.5 cm) or mini Bundt pans about 3/4 full with water and set them on the rack.
- Adjust the water level by adding or removing water to bring the water level to within 1/2 inch (1.25 cm) of the rim of the pan.
- Preheat the water oven to 195F/90.5C.
- Empty the water from the baking pans, dry them well, and spray them with non-stick baking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, sift together the together the flour, baking soda, salt, and spices.
- In a separate large bowl, beat the eggs with the sugar. Add the pumpkin puree, oil, and water and combine well.
- Add one-half of the dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture, stirring until just blended. Repeat with the remaining half.
- Divide the batter among the three pans.
- Set the pans into the water oven on the raised grill, taking great care not to let water lap into the pans. Position a tent of aluminum foil over the pans to divert drips of condensation into the water bath.
- Bake for about 75 to 90 minutes.
- Remove the loaves and cool on a rack for 5 minutes. Then remove loaves from the pans and allow them to cool completely.
Like this? Why not share it: