Dulce de Leche
(or Caramel, made simple)
from Sous Vide Barbecue (Paradox Press 2011)
Makes about 12 ounces (360 ml)
- 1 can (12 ounces/360 ml)
- sweetened condensed milk
- Fill and preheat the SousVide Supreme to 185F/85C.
- Pour and scrape the contents of the can of sweetened condensed milk into a small (quart/0.9 liter) zip-closure cooking pouch. (If making multiples, put only one can per pouch.)
- Use Archimedes’ Principle (displacement principle) to remove the air and zip the pouch closed.
- Submerge the pouch(es) in the water oven to cook for 13 hours.
- Remove the pouches from the water bath and submerge them for 30 minutes in an ice water bath to quick chill them. Store in refrigerator for up to 6 weeks, unopened.
Like this? Why not share it: