Sharone’s Short Rib Sliders
Courtesy of Master Chef’s Sharone Hakman (SharonHakman.com)
For the beef short ribs
- 12 to 14 beef short ribs (about 2 ½ pounds/ 1 kg)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 ½ cup (360 ml) commercially prepared barbecue sauce (Hak’s if you have it!)
- 4 tablespoons (57g) butter
- 12 Slider buns or Hawaiian rolls, split
- Slider Slaw (recipe follows)
For Slider Slaw
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) prepared mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) sugar
- 1 lemon, juice only
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups shredded cabbage or cabbage slaw mix
- black sesame seeds for garnish
- Fill and preheat the SousVide Supreme to 132F/55C.
- Lightly season the ribs on all sides with salt and pepper and brush them lightly all over with the barbecue sauce to glaze them.
- Put the ribs about three to a pouch in a single layer into suitably sized cooking pouches, add the butter in chunks, and vacuum seal.
- Submerge the pouches in the water oven to cook for 48 hours.
- Before serving, heat a grill or grill pan to high heat and sear the meat on all sides to caramelize the surfaces.
- Brush the top and bottom of the slider buns with barbecue sauce.
- Pull the meat right off the bone and onto slider buns bottoms, top with slaw and bun top, secure with a toothpick.
For Slider Slaw
- In a bowl, whisk together the vinegar mayonnaise, sugar, lemon juice, salt and pepper until smooth.
- Add the cabbage or slaw mix and toss to coat evenly.
- Use to top sliders or serve as a side dish.
Like this? Why not share it: