Courtesy of Michael Laroche (billthebutcher.com)
(A traditional — not sous vide — recipe.)
- 6 cups (1.4 liters) chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons (56 g) butter
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) flour
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) stone ground mustard
- In a saucepan over medium heat, heat stock to simmer.
- Over medium heat, melt butter in a saute pan and whisk in flour to form a roux.
- Whisking constantly, add the roux to the hot stock and simmer lightly to create a cream like consistency.
- Stir in the mustard.
Like this? Why not share it: