Sous Vide Lamb Rack
Recipe courtesy of Michael LaRoche, Head Butcher and Chef for Bill the Butcher
- 1 lamb rack, cut into chops
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 to 4 fresh rosemary branches (1 per pouch)
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped (1 per pouch)
- 3 to 4 tablespoons duck fat (1 per pouch)
- Fill and preheat SousVide Supreme to 130F/54.5C.
- Season the lamb with salt and pepper.
- Put the chops into a cooking pouch, two per pouch, with a branch of rosemary, clove of garlic and spoon of duck fat.
- Vacuum seal the pouches, submerge in the water oven, and cook for 2 hours.
- Remove chops from the pouch and sear the surface to caramelize on grill, on a high heat cast iron pan, or with a cooking torch.
Suggested serving sides: parsleyed potatoes, kale