Courtesy of Chef Josh Horrigan (thechefsacademy.com)
1 recipe Sous Vide Cooked Farro (recipe follows)
1 cucumber, peeled and diced small
16-20 kalamata olives, pitted and sliced in half
3 tablespoons (45 ml) minced fresh mint
1 handful watercress, torn into bite-size pieces
1/2 cup (75 g) crumbled feta cheese
1/4 cup (60 ml) olive oil
1 tablespoon (15 ml) dried oregano leaf
1 lemon, for juice
salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large bowl, combine the cooked faro, cucumber, and kalamata olives.
2. Add olive oil and lemon juice and gently fold together to distribute throughout.
3. Add the feta cheese and the oregano and gently toss to combine.
Sous Vide Cooked Farro
8 ounces (226 g) farro
1 quart (0.9liters) ice cubes
pinch sea salt
1. Fill and preheat the SousVide Supreme to 182F/ 83.5C.
2. In a colander, rinse the farro in cold water for about 20 minutes.
3. Drain the water and pour the farro into a large (gallon/3.8 liter) cooking pouch.
4. Add the ice and salt and vacuum seal.
5. Submerge the pouch in the water oven and cook for one hour. Remove the pouch from the water oven, cut open the pouch, and drain off remaining liquid. Spread out on a baking sheet and refrigerate to stop cooking.