4 (3 ounce/ 85 g) bone-in loin lamb chops
2 teaspoons (10 ml) peeled and sliced garlic
4 sprigs fresh thyme (each about 2 inches/5 cm long)
1 fresh bay leaf
1 tablespoon (15 ml) fresh parsley
1 teaspoon (5 ml) fresh oregano
8 black peppercorns
1 tablespoon (14 g) butter
1. Fill and preheat the SousVide Supreme to 132F/56C.
2. Put the lamb, garlic, herbs (no need to chop the herbs), peppercorns, and butter into a cooking pouch and vacuum seal. (If making multiple servings, put no more than 4 chops to a pouch.)
3. Submerge in the water oven and cook for 2 hours (or up to 4 hours).
4. Remove the chops and pat dry, discarding the herbs, garlic, and peppercorns. Season with salt.
5. On the stovetop, heat a cast iron skillet on high until very hot and sear the chops for about 30 seconds on each side to brown.
6. Serve as is, or dress up with a pat of compound butter or your favorite sauce.