Fresh Watermelon Sous Vide Compressed
Courtesy of Chef Josh Horrigan (thechefsacademy.com)
- 4 (1-inch/2.5 cm) thick pieces seedless watermelon
- 8-10 fresh mint leaves
- Remove the rind from the watermelon and cut each piece into ‘steaks’ about 4 x 5 inches (5 x 12 cm) in size.
- Press a mint or two leaf onto each of the melon steaks and put each one gently into separate small (quart/0.9 liter) cooking pouches.
- Vacuum seal each pouch, using as much vacuum pressure as possible to draw the pouch tightly down around the melon. (Compression is what you’re after here.)
- Refrigerate in the pouches until ready to serve.
Like this? Why not share it: