Michael Ruhlman’s BBQ Sous Vide Beef Short Ribs
Courtesy of Michael Ruhlman (www.ruhlman.com)
- 8 meaty beef short ribs (or however many you’re serving)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Barbecue sauce of your choice
- Fill and preheat the SousVide Supreme to 140F/60C.
- Give the ribs a generous seasoning of salt and pepper
- Put them into a cooking pouch and vacuum seal them well .
- Submerge in the water oven and cook for 48 hours, give or take.
- If you are not going to finish them right away, submerge the pouch in an ice bath until thoroughly chilled, at least 20 minutes or more.
- To finish, remove them from the pouch and allow them to come to room temperature (if serving a large crowd, leave in pouch and re-sous vide at 120˚F/48˚C for 30 minutes).
- Slather them with barbeque sauce and grill till charred and smokey and beautiful, a couple minutes on each side on a hot grill.
- You can also broil them to caramelize the BBQ sauce if you don’t have a grill.
- Use one rib per serving.