The Lit Fir
O Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree how lovely is your essence? This holiday cocktail is filled with the flavors of the season–apple, orange, cranberry, lemon, cinnamon, vanilla–and even the tree!
Adapted from a recipe of the Winecask Restaurant, Santa Barbara, CA
Makes 1 cocktail
- 1 ounce (30 ml) Clear Creek Douglas Fir Eau de Vie
- 1 ounce (30 ml) apple brandy
- 1/2 ounce (15 ml) orange juice
- 1/2 ounce (15 ml) lemon juice
- 1/2 ounce (15 ml) cranberry juice
- 1/4 ounce (7.5 ml) vanilla bean simple syrup
- 1/4 ounce (7.5 ml) cinnamon simple syrup
- Cinnamon sugar and orange juice for rimming glass (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in an ice shaker and shake until chilled.
- Pour orange juice into a flat saucer. Put cinnamon sugar into a separate flat saucer.
- Dip the rim of a cocktail stem first into the orange juice and then into the sugar to rim the glass.
- Strain the cocktail into the rimmed glass.