Vanilla Bean Simple Syrup
Makes 1 quart (0.9 liters)
- 4 vanilla beans
- 2 cups (480 ml) water
- 2 cups (383 g) Castor (superfine) sugar
- Fill and preheat the SousVide Supreme to 190F/88C.
- Split the vanilla beans and scrape the seeds.
- Put the bean pods, seeds, water and sugar into a large (gallon/3.8 liter) zip closure cooking pouch and use the displacement method (Archimedes’ Principle) to remove the air and zip the seal.
- Submerge the pouch in the water oven to cook for 1 hour.
- Strain the syrup through a fine mesh sieve, lined with cheesecloth or a coffee filter, to catch the bean sediment.
- Pour into a clean bottle with a stopper or screw-top and label.
- Cool and keep refrigerated for use up to 6 weeks.
Like this? Why not share it: