Easter Ham and Eggs Scramble
- 4 spears asparagus, trimmed and diagonally cut into 1/2-inch (1.25 cm) pieces
- 1/4 red bell pepper, seeded, cored, and diced small
- 1/4 sweet onion, peeled and diced small
- 1 tablespoon (14 g) butter
- 4 eggs, beaten well
- 2 ounces (57 g) cooked ham, diced small
- 1 ounce (30 ml) heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon Herbes de Provence
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fill and preheat the SousVide Supreme to 167F/75F.
- In a skillet, over medium high heat, sauté the asparagus, bell pepper, and onion the butter until just tender.
- Put the eggs, ham, veggies, cream and seasonings into a Zip Pouch and, using the displacement method (Archimedes principle), remove the air and zip the pouch closed.
- Submerge in the water bath and cook for 15 to 18 minutes, removing the pouch every so often to massage the contents and return to the water bath. When the eggs have reached your preferred consistency, remove the pouch and divide the scrambled eggs between two warm plates.