Chocolate Chili Baby Back Ribs
Courtesy of Staff Blogger, Madeline Fiore
Serves 4 as an entree, 8 as an appetizer
- 2 racks baby back pork ribs
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Chocolate Chili Barbecue Sauce (or your favorite sauce)
- 1 to 2 limes, cut into wedges, for garnish
- Green onions and cilantro, for garnish
- Fill and preheat the SousVide Supreme to 143F/61.5C.
- Pull the silver skin from the back side of the rib racks and cut the each rack in half.
- Season the racks generously with salt and pepper.
- Put two half racks into a large (gallon/3.8 liter) cooking pouch and vacuum seal.
- Submerge in the water oven and cook for 12 to 48 hours.
- Preheat an oiled grill, grill pan, or broiler.
- Remove the racks from the pouches and brush them all over with the barbecue sauce.
- Sear the racks on the hot oiled grill for 30 seconds to 1 minute per side.
- If you don’t have a grill, sear under the broiler for approximately 1 minute or until caramelized.
- Garnishing the ribs with chopped green onions, cilantro and fresh lime wedges.