Chocolate Chili Barbecued Chicken
Courtesy of Staff Blogger Madeline Fiore
- 4 chicken breasts, bone-in sea salt and Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 orange, cut into 8 wedges for garnish
- Cilantro, for garnish
- Chocolate Chili BBQ Sauce
- Fill and preheat the SousVide Supreme to 146F/63.5C.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Divide the chicken breasts between two large (gallon/3.8 liter) cooking pouches, two to a pouch, and vacuum seal.
- Submerge in the water oven and cook for at least 2 ½ hours and up to 6 hours.
- Preheat an oiled grill or grill pan or your broiler to high heat.
- Remove the chicken breasts from the cooking pouches and brush with Chili Chocolate BBQ Sauce.
- Sear the breasts on the hot oiled grill for approximately 1 minute per side or until caramelized. Again if you don’t have a grill, use your broiler on high for a few minutes.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and orange wedges.