Infuse Your Own Sous Vide Cocktails
Courtesy of Vivian Peterson of V Top Secret Chef
Makes 1 cocktail
Fruits, spices, herbs for infusion
Suggestions: vanilla beans, juniper berries, star anise, cinnamon sticks tea, coffee beans, citrus slices, fresh berries, rosemary mint
Suggestions: vodka, gin, bourbon, tequila
- tonic water
- Fill and preheat the SousVide Supreme to 140F/60C.
- Put your choice of compatible fruits, spices, or herbs into a zip-closure cooking pouch.
- Add 2 ounces (60 ml) of the spirit of your choice to the pouch.
- Use the displacement method (Archimedes’ Principle) to remove the air and zip the seal.
- Submerge the pouch in the water bath to cook for 15 minutes (unless using tea leaves, in which case, pull the pouch at 5 minutes.)
- Quick chill the pouch in ice water for a few minutes before serving over ice or mixing with seltzer or tonic for a cocktail.
- For a sweeter cocktail, add 1 tablespoon (15 ml) simple syrup to the infused alcohol and mixers.
Learn more about this Seattle Sous Vide Cooking class here.