Sous Vide Cochinita Pibil
Courtesy of Recipe Contest Winner, Cesar Pinon
- 1 pound (500 grams) pork loin
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) achiote paste
- 3 ounces (100 milliliters) orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) oregano
- 2 bay leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup (240 ml) crushed pineapple, drained
- Fill and preheat the SousVide Supreme to 140F/60C.
- In a bowl, prepare the seasoning by combining the achiote paste, orange juice, oregano, bay leaves and salt and pepper. Rub the pork all over with the seasoning mixture.
- Put the loin into a cooking pouch and vacuum seal.
- Submerge the pouch in the water oven and cook for 3 hours
- Remove the pork loin from the pouch and slice the meat thinly.
- Serve with a little crushed pineapple and eat it with corn tortillas and a cold beer … it is delicious!
Like this? Why not share it: