Chicken in Ancho Chile Paste
Courtesy of Steve Cylka of The Black Peppercorn
Serves 3 or 4
- 3 or 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 dried ancho chilies
- 1 onion, peeled and quartered
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) oil
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) salt
- Fill and preheat the SousVide Supreme water oven to 146F/63.5C.
- Soak the ancho chilies in hot water for 15 minutes. Remove the stems and discard.
- Puree the chilies, in a food processor or blender, with the onion, garlic cloves, oil and salt, until a smooth paste forms.
- Rub the ancho chili paste all over the chicken breasts.
- Put the chicken breasts in a single layer into cooking pouches and vacuum seal. If desired, let the chicken marinate in the refrigerator for 1 or 2 hours before cooking them in the sous vide.
- Submerge the sealed pouches in the water bath and cook for about 2 hours.
- Serve straight from the pouch.
Like this? Why not share it: