Courtesy of SousVide Supreme Culinary Specialist, Sophie
Makes 1 cocktail
- 2 ounces (59ml) of sous vide-infused cranberry gin
- ½ ounce (15ml) of dry vermouth
- ½ ounce (15ml) of cointreau
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) of absinthe
- 2 cubes of ice
- 1 slice of blood orange, for garnish
- 1 Licorice spider* on cocktail pick (instructions follow)
- Put the cranberry gin, vermouth, Cointreau and Absinthe into a cocktail shaker
- Add the ice, close the lid, and shake until all ingredients are well combined.
- Strain the cocktail into a martini glass.
- Garnish with a licorice spider and a slice of blood orange
For the licorice spiders you will need the following:
- Black string licorice
- Cocktail pick
- Use scissors to cut a string of licorice into 5 pieces: four pieces should be 2 inches (5cm) long and the fifth piece should be 9 inches (23 cm) long.
- Gather the four short pieces of licorice in your hand and wrap the long piece of licorice around the middle of the bundle twice.
- Tie a knot in the long piece of licorice and leave one long tail of licorice to attach to your cocktail pick.
- When you have made the cocktail, tie the long piece of licorice to the cocktail pick and place it in the glass, with the licorice spider hanging over the side.
- Repeat with another licorice string for as many spiders as you wish to make.
Like this? Why not share it: