Applesauce Sous Vide
- 4 apples, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 1 lemon, for juice
- ¼ cup (48 g) granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon (2.5 ml) ground cinnamon
- Fill and preheat the SousVide Supreme to 180F/82C.
- Juice the lemon over the apple pieces and toss to coat.
- Put the apples into a cooking pouch, add the sugar and cinnamon, and shake the pouch to distribute the sugar and spice evenly.
- Arrange the apples in a single layer for even cooking and vacuum seal the pouch.
- Submerge the pouch in the water oven and cook for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Remove the pouch and, for a chunky, rustic sauce, simply mash the apples in the sealed pouch with your hands. If you prefer a smoother sauce, pour the apples into a food processor and puree to your desired consistency.
- Serve warm or chill, stored in the pouch or in a clean container with a tightly fitting lid for up to a week.
Like this? Why not share it: