Chicken Vegetable Soup
- 1 cup (180 g) diced fresh zucchini
- 1 cup (175 g) diced fresh red bell pepper
- 1 cup (230 g) chopped cauliflower
- 4 to 6 baby carrots, chopped
- ½ cup (75 g) diced sweet onion
- 4 cups (120 g) fresh spinach leaves
- ½ teaspoon (2.5 ml) garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon (2.5 ml) onion powder
- ½ teaspoon (2.5 ml) sea salt
- ½ teaspoon (2.5 ml) ground black pepper dash cayenne pepper, if desired
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) olive oil
- 2 cups (250 g) diced, sous vide-cooked chicken breasts (no need to sear them)
- 1 quart (0.96 liter) chicken broth
- Fill and preheat the SousVide Supreme water oven to 183F/84C.
- In a small bowl, combine all dry spices and seasonings and sprinkle the mixture evenly over the vegetables.
- Put the seasoned vegetables in an even layer into a cooking pouch and vacuum seal.
- Submerge and cook in the water oven for at least an hour, but up to 2 hours is fine.
- If not using right away, quick chill the vegetables in their pouch in an ice water bath (half ice/half water) for at least 30 minutes and refrigerate for up to 48 hours.
- To assemble the soup, in a soup pot, warm the olive oil over medium high heat.
- Add the chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium, add the cooked chicken and cooked vegetables and their juices and continue to cook for another 3 to 5 minutes.
TIME SAVING TIP!
- Make a double batch of soup to have one for dinner with a salad and another for lunches for the next two days.
- Ladle the extra batch of soup, in 8-ounce servings, into four small (quart/0.96 liter) cooking pouches.
- Remove as much air as possible, using just your hands, and seal.
- Quick chill the sealed pouches in an ice bath (half ice/half water) for 20 minutes and refrigerate for use up to 48 hours or freeze.
- Re-warm the soup portion in its pouch in the SousVide Supreme set to 165F/74C for 30 minutes or open, pour into a microwave safe bowl, and warm in the microwave.
Like this? Why not share it: