Turkey Manchego Spoonbread Sous Vide
- Melted butter, enough to butter the ramekins
- 1 cup (240 ml) water
- 1 cup (240 ml) half-and-half
- 3/4 teaspoon (4 ml) fresh rosemary, minced
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) honey
- ¼ teaspoon (1 ml) sea salt
- 2/3 cup (112 g) cornmeal
- 2 ounces (57 g) Manchego cheese, grated
- 2 eggs, separated
- 3 ounces (85 g) turkey, cooked and shredded
- Adjust the water level for baking as follows:
- Elevate the bottom perforated grill about 1 inch (2.5 cm) on a non-rusting baking rack or baking platform.
- Fill 6 ramekins ¾ full with water and set them on the rack.
- Adjust the water level by adding or removing water to bring the water level to within ½ inch (1.25 cm) of the rim of the ramekins.
- Remove the ramekins and dump out the water. Dry the ramekins and brush each with melted butter, set aside.
- Preheat the SousVide Supreme water oven to 195 F/90.5 C.
- In a medium saucepan on a traditional stovetop, bring the water, half-and-half, rosemary, honey and sea salt to a boil.
- Slowly whisk in the cornmeal. Reduce the heat to low and stir constantly until all liquid is absorbed and the mixture is creamy, about 2 minutes.
- Pull the pan off of the heat and stir in the cheese until melted then stir in the egg yolks.
- Fold in the shredded turkey and set aside.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the egg whites until soft peak.
- Fold into the cornmeal mixture in three parts.
- Scoop the mixture into the prepared ramekins and bake at 195 F/90. C for 25 minutes. Once cooked, remove from the water oven and let cool on a wire rack for 5 to 10 minutes before unmolding and serving.