Lavender Honey Poached Peaches
Courtesy of SousVide Supreme Culinary Specialist, Madeline Fiore
Serves 2 to 4
- 2 peaches, halved and pitted
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml dried lavender buds
- ¼ cup (60 ml) water
- ¼ cup (60 ml) honey
- Fill and preheat the water oven to 185F/85C.
- Put the peaches into a small zip-closure cooking pouch (1 quart/.95 liter) sprinkle in the lavender and pour in the water and honey.
- Use the displacement method (Archimedes’ Principle) to remove the air and zip the seal.
- Submerge the pouch in the water oven to cook for 20 minutes, then remove from the water bath and quick chill, by submerging in an ice water bath for 15 to 20 minutes. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Spoon the peaches into a bowl and strain the poaching liquid (syrup) into the bowl through a fine-mesh sieve to remove the lavender buds.
- Serve the peach half chilled, along with some of the syrup and a dollop of crème fraiche, gelato, or yogurt.
Like this? Why not share it: