Maddie’s Hot Sauce
Courtesy of SousVide Supreme Culinary Specialist, Madeline Fiore
Yields: 2 cups
- 1½ pounds (680 grams) fresh red jalapeño peppers, or your favorite hot peppers, stemmed, seeded, and roughly chopped*
- 9 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) sea salt
- ⅓ cup (78 ml) rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) simple syrup
*Tip: Wear protective gloves while chopping peppers; they can burn your unprotected skin.
- Fill and preheat the water oven to 210F/99C.
- Put the chopped peppers, smashed garlic and sea salt into a food processor and puree.
- Pour the pepper puree into a zip-closure cooking pouch and seal using the displacement method (Archimedes’ Principle).
- Submerge the pouch in the water oven and cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove the pouch from the water and pour into a bowl, stir in the rice vinegar and simple syrup.
- The sauce can be stored in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Like this? Why not share it: