Cordero Asado (Roast Leg of Lamb)
- 1 boneless leg of lamb
- 4 tablespoons (60 ml) lard (traditional – use olive oil, if preferred)
- 6 cloves roasted garlic, minced (or 1 teaspoon/5 ml garlic powder)
- Salt, to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons (10 g) smoked Spanish paprika
- 1 teaspoon (5 g) ground coriander
- 1 lemon
- Fill and pre-heat the SousVide Supreme water oven to 131F/55C.
- Season the leg of lamb all over with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a small bowl, mix the garlic, rosemary, paprika and coriander with the softened lard.
- Put the seasoned lamb into a large (gallon/3.8 liter) cooking pouch with half the lard mixture and vacuum seal. Reserve (refrigerate) the remaining lard mixture for the sear step before serving.
- Submerge the lamb in the water oven to cook for 8 hours (or up to 12).
- When ready to finish and serve, heat the traditional oven broiler to high heat.
- Melt the reserved lard mixture in the microwave or in a pan.
- Remove the lamb from the pouch and pat dry with paper towels (kitchen paper).
- Pour the melted lard mixture over the lamb and sear under the broiler to form nice crust.
- Remove from the oven, douse with the juice of the lemon, tent with foil, and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Slice against the grain and enjoy!
Like this? Why not share it: