Champurrado/Atole (Mexican Christmas Beverage)
Courtesy of SousVide Supreme Culinary Profession, Madeline Fiore
- 4 cups (0.9 liter) boiling water or scalded milk
- ½ cup (85 g) cornmeal
- ¼ cup (60 ml) brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon (2.5 ml) ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon (0.625 ml) sea salt
- ¾ teaspoon (3.75 ml) pure vanilla extract
- 3 ounces (85 g) bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1. Fill and preheat the water oven to 210F/98C.
- In a zip-closure cooking pouch, whisk together the hot water or milk, cornmeal, sugar and salt.
- Use the displacement method (Archimedes’ Principle) to remove the air and zip the seal; submerge the pouch in the water oven to cook for at least 10 minutes.
- Remove the pouch from the water oven and whisk in the vanilla and chocolate.
- Pour into mugs and serve hot.
Like this? Why not share it: