Spicy Pickled Pineapple
Courtesy of Adriana Martin (AdrianasBestRecipes.com)
Makes about 4 cups (960 ml)
- 3 ounces (85 g) small Brazilian chili peppers*, whole
- 2 cups (330 g) fresh pineapple, diced in chunks
- 1 large purple onion, peeled and cut in rounds or juliennes
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) pickling spice
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) ground red pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons (7.5 ml) ground pink salt (or pickling salt)
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) apple cider vinegar
- Fill and preheat the SousVide Supreme water oven to 140F/60C.
- Add all ingredients to a zip closure cooking pouch and use the displacement method (Archimedes’ Principle) to remove the air from the pouch and zip the seal.
- Submerge in the water oven and cook for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the water bath and quick chill, submerged in ice water, for 20 minutes. Transfer to a clean glass jar, with a tight fitting lid and refrigerate until ready to use (for up to a week.)
*Typical Brazilian varieties include: pimenta malagueta, cayenne, cumari de pere, arbol, fildalga, biquinho
Like this? Why not share it: