Compressed Apricot Salad
- 4 ripe apricots
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) simple syrup
- 1 lemon, for zest and juice, divided use
For the salad
- Juice of the lemon
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) champagne vinegar
- ½ teaspoon (2.5 ml) good balsamic vinegar
- ½ teaspoon (2.5 ml) dried minced shallots
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups (40 g) fresh arugula, well washed and dried
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) sliced almonds
- Cut the apricots in half and remove the pit, then slice the halves into thin rounds.
- Drizzle the rounds with the honey and sprinkle with the lemon zest.
- Put the apricots in a single layer into a vacuum pouch and vacuum seal on high, if using a chamber vacuum sealer. (Use the ‘Normal’ and ‘Moist’ settings on a suction vacuum sealer, but watch carefully and force the seal before any liquid rises into the suction chamber. See these instructions for tips.)
- In a small bowl, mix together the lemon juice, vinegars, shallots salt and pepper and let it marinate for a few minutes for the flavors to combine.
- Whisk in the olive oil in a steady stream.
- Put the arugula into a salad bowl, drizzle the dressing over the leaves, and toss to lightly coat.
- Open the pouch and remove the apricot slices. Arrange them on four chilled salad plates, top each with a mound of dressed arugula, and sprinkle the sliced almonds over the plates.
Like this? Why not share it: