Makes about 2 cups
- 2 tablespoons (60 ml) butter
- 2 tablespoons (60 ml) finely minced onion
- 1 cooked turkey liver, well minced
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) ground sage
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.3 ml) garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.3 ml) onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.3 ml) black pepper
- 2 tablespoons (60 ml) Wondra Quick Mixing Flour (or plain flour)
- 2 cups (480 ml) chicken or turkey broth (use the broth from cooking the giblets if you have it.)
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and sauté the onion until translucent.
- Add the minced turkey liver and continue to cook for another minute.
- Sprinkle the seasonings on the liver and stir to combine.
- Sprinkle the flour over the liver and onions and stir to coat well, cooking just a minute or two to cook the flour.
- Add the broth, whisking constantly, and cook until thickened.
- Serve immediately.
Share This Recipe with Friends!