- 3 slices bacon, cut in half
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup grated gruyère
- 1/4 cup small curd cottage cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley for garnish, if desired
Have on hand: Six 4-ounce/125ml canning jars with screw-on lids
- To fill the SousVide Supreme water oven to the appropriate level:
- Remove the universal rack and set aside.
- Elevate the perforated bottom grill on a non-rusting baking rack.
- Fill the canning jars with water to within 1/2-inch of the rim and set on the elevated platform.
- Fill the water oven to within 1/2-inch of the rims of the jars.
- Remove each jar, empty, dry and set aside.
- Preheat the water oven to 167F/75C.
- Cook the bacon in the microwave for about 2 minutes on high. It should still be quite pliable and not completely cooked.
- Combine eggs, cheeses, and salt and pepper in a blender jar and blend until smooth.
- Put half a slice of bacon into the bottom each mason jar.
- Pour the egg and cheese mixture, evenly divided, among the jars.
- Finger tighten the lids onto the jars. Do not over-tighten or the jars may shatter during cooking.
- Set the jars onto the perforated grill platform in the water bath to cook for 1 hour.
- Remove from the bath and enjoy immediately straight from the jar if desired! Or run a warm knife around the edge, invert over a plate, and tap the base to release.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of chopped parsley, if desired.
- NOTE: Quick chill any jars you don’t intend to use right away in an ice water bath and refrigerate for up to 3 days. To reheat, remove metal rings, cover with a piece of paper towel, and microwave on defrost setting (30% power) for 1-2 minutes. Check temperature and heat longer as desired.