- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup yellow corn meal
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 5 tablespoons butter
- ½ green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 ribs celery, diced
- ½ sweet onion, peeled and diced
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 cups dried bread cubes
- Preheat SousVide water bath to 185°F/85°Cut the chicken broth into a medium saucepan and stir in the corn meal.
- Stir together the broth and corn meal over medium high heat, stirring often, and cook for about 5 minutes until thickened.
- Stir in the seasonings and 3 tablespoons of the butter and set aside to cool.
- In a saucepan over medium high heat, melt the remaining butter.
- When foaming, add the diced bell pepper, celery, and onion and cook until the celery and bell pepper are tender and the onion translucent.
- Remove from heat
- In a bowl, combine the beaten egg, the sautéed vegetables, the bread cubes, and the cornmeal mush, stirring to combine well.
- Put the stuffing mixture into a gallon (large) food-grade, plastic pouch, vacuum as much air out as possible, and seal.
- Cook for at least 1 hour, but up to 3 hours.
- Spoon stuffing directly out of pouch into a warm serving bowl when ready to serve.