Tips and Tricks for Optimal Sealing of All Foods
- Allow ample room at the top of the pouch; do not overfill.
- Position food evenly in the pouch, in a single layer, if possible.
- If the pouch does not collapse around the food when you press vacuum/seal, press cancel to stop the process, reposition the pouch and/or food within the pouch, and try vacuum sealing again.
- If the pouch deflates, but the red Seal light does not illuminate, press Seal Only to trigger the sealing process.
- Store your vac sealer in the unlocked position to prevent compression of the foam sealing ring.
Tips and Tricks for Sealing Moist Foods
- Watch the pouch as it collapses around the food; when moisture begins to climb the pouch, press Seal Only to trigger the seal before the moisture reaches the chamber.
- If moisture gets onto the ribbed sealing surface, wipe it dry before storing
For sealing liquids or liquid-rich foods, we recommend using the Archimedes principle with our SousVide Supreme Zip Pouches or for really heavy duty use, a SousVide Supreme Chamber Vacuum (only available in US & Canada).