Recipe courtesy of Jason Cousins, Beverage Director Mondrian Hotel NYC
1 hothouse cucumber, diced
3 scallions, trimmed and chopped
4 whole chives, diced
10 sprigs mint, diced
10 sprigs basil, diced
1 bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and diced
1 liter Bulldog gin
1. Fill and preheat the SousVide Supreme to 140F/60C.
2. Add ingredients to a zip-closure cooking pouch. Use the displacement method (Archimedes Principle) to remove the air and zip the seal.
3. Submerge in the water oven to cook for 2 hours.
4. Remove pouch and submerge in an ice bath (1/2 ice ½ water) for 10 minutes.
5. Strain the gin into a clean bottle, label, and cap.
For the Sriracha-yogurt foam
1 quart (0.9 liter) whole milk
1 cup (240 ml) plain yogurt
4 tablespoons (60 ml) Sriracha
3 sheets gelatin
(You will need a whipped cream dispenser with 2 cream chargers)
1. Bloom 3 sheets of gelatin in cold water for 5 minutes.
2. In a saucepan on the stovetop, bring milk to boil and add gelatin.
3. Remove milk and gelatin from the heat and set into an ice bath to cool down.
4. Whisk in yogurt and Sriracha and pour into a 1-liter whipped cream dispenser, charge with 2 cream chargers and refrigerate for 2 hours before use.