…with green beans and butternut squash spirals
- 4 (6 oz/180 g each) halibut fillets
- 1 stick (4 oz/113 g) unsalted butter
- Salt, to taste
- 2 teaspoons roasted, minced garlic
- 4 sprigs chives
- 1 lemon, for zest
- 4 sprigs watercress, for garnish
For the sides
- 8 ounces fresh green beans, washed and trimmed
- 1/2 butternut squash, spiralized or cut julienne
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme, stripped for leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Fill and preheat the SousVide Supreme water oven to 132°F (55.5C).
- Season the halibut fillets on both sides with salt.
- Put the fillets, two to a pouch, into small (1 quart/0.9 liter) cooking pouches, along with the butter, garlic, chives, and zest and vacuum seal.
- Submerge the pouches in the water oven and cook for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, on the stovetop make the sides.
- Divide the beans among four plates, top with a halibut fillet and add a nest of squash strands atop the fish.
- Garnish each with a sprig of watercress and serve
To make the sides
- Put the beans in a large skillet on the stove top. Put the squash into a second skillet.
- Add about 1/4 cup water to each skillet and bring the water to boil; cover and cook for 3 minutes. Remove skillets from heat and add half the butter and seasonings to each pan, tossing to combine.