Makes 6 cups
- 12 Meyer Lemons (for juice; 4 for zest)
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- 6 to 8 sprigs fresh mint
- 20 fresh strawberries, stemmed and quartered
- 1 large orange, for zest
- Preheat the water oven to 135F/57C.
- Juice the lemons to obtain about 2 cups of juice. Zest the rinds of four of the lemons.
- In a large (gallon/3.8 liter) zip-closure cooking pouch combine the lemon juice, sugar, water, mint, berries and zest from the lemons and oranges.
- Use the displacement method (Archimedes Principle) to remove most of the air from the pouch and zip the seal.
- Submerge in the water oven to cook for 2 hours. Occasionally remove the pouch and jostle the contents to encourage the sugar to dissolve.
- Strain the lemonade into a clean, lidded container and refrigerate. Discard solids.
*Use with Pimm’s No. 1 to make a delicious, refreshing Pimm’s Cup.
Makes 1 cocktail
- 1 ¾ ounces Pimm’s No. 1
- 5 ounces Fruit Riot Lemonade
- 2 slices orange
- 1 strawberry, sliced
- 3 slices cucumber
- 1 sprig fresh mint
- In a cocktail shaker, over ice, add the Pimm’s and Fruity Riot Lemonade and shake vigorously to chill.
- Pour over fresh ice and the fruit slices in a tall glass and garnish with the mint.