Makes 1 liter
- 1/2 Buddha’s hand, washed well
- 750 ml vodka
- 1/2 cup (288 g) castor/superfine sugar
- 500 ml water
- Fill and preheat the SousVide Supreme to 135F/57C.
- Separate the fingers of the Buddha’s Hand and wash them well. Split the fingers and remove most of the white pith. (You don’t have to get it all, as it is not as bitter as lemon pith.) Trim away any green or brown tips.
- Put the pieces into a large (gallon/3.8 liter) zip-closure cooking pouch. Add the vodka and cook for 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan over medium heat, completely dissolve the sugar in the water and set aside to cool.
When the cooking time has elapsed, strain the vodka into a bowl or pitcher. Stir in the simple syrup and pour the finished Buddhacello into clean bottles with tightly fitting stoppers.
- Chill well and enjoy!
Share This Recipe with Friends!