Makes 750 ml
• 750 ml Jameson Irish Whiskey (or your favorite)
• 2 apples,* cored and sliced
• 2 cinnamon sticks
• 1 teaspoon whole cloves
• 1 tablespoon honey
*Select a good ‘pie’ apple that is sweet and tart and flavorful, such as Northern Spy, Jonagold, Honeycrisp, Granny Smith, or Braeburn.
- Fill and preheat the water oven to 137F/58C.
- Put all ingredients into a large (1 gal/3.8 liter) zip-closure cooking pouch and use the displacement method to remove the air and zip the seal.
- Submerge in the water oven to cook for 2 hours.
- Remove the pouch and quick chill in an ice bath (half ice/half water) for 20 minutes.
- Strain into a clean bottle with a tight-fitting lid. Label and store in a cool, dry place.