Courtesy of TopChef Master Chef Richard Blais
- 4 chicken breasts, skinless and trimmed
- 2 quarts (1.8 liters) water
- 4 teaspoons (20 ml) salt
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) sugar
- 1 tablespoon (30 ml) poultry seasoning
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) butter
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) sliced red Thai chili
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) garlic powder
- white pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon high-smoke point vegetable oil (for searing)
- 1. Preheat SousVide Supreme to 143F/62C
- In a large zip closure bag or bowl, combine the water, salt, sugar, and poultry seasoning.
- Add chicken breasts to the brine, zip closed or cover, and refrigerate for 1-2 hours
- Remove, rinse under cool water, pat dry, and let air dry for 20-30 minutes.
- Sprinkle the breasts with white pepper.
- Put 2 breasts into a small (quart/liter) cooking pouch, along with 1-1/2 tablespoons of butter, 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest, 1/2 teaspoon sliced red Thai chili, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder.
- Submerge in the water oven and cook for at least1 hour, up to 3 hours.
- Remove from cooking pouch and pat dry.
- Heat oil in a heavy skillet over medium high heat until just at the smoking point.
- Sear the breasts for color before serving.
Share This Recipe with Friends!