Makes about 14 ounces (multiplies easily; cook multiple pouches at once)
- 1 pound unsalted butter
- Fill and preheat the SousVide Supreme water oven to 185F/85C.
- Put the butter into a small (quart/0.9 liter) cooking pouch and vacuum seal.
- Submerge the pouch in the water oven to cook for 30 minutes.
- Carefully remove the pouch, check to see that the solids have separated and if so, cut off a corner of the pouch and pour the liquid clarified butter into a pint glass jar with a screw-top lid. (If not fully separated, return to the bath for 15 minutes more.)
- Refrigerate until the butter has solidified. Any water content will have settled at the bottom of the jar. You can take a knife or skewer and pierce the butter to the bottom and pour the water out, if you desire.
- Store in the refrigerator and use as needed.