Makes 1 cup
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon live-culture yogurt (homemade or store-bought)
- In an impeccably clean glass jar, mix the cream and yogurt well.
- Cover with a paper coffee filter secured with the jar lid ring or a sturdy rubber band.
- Put on the counter at room temperature, protected from being disturbed. (Inside a cold oven is a good spot – just take care not to turn it on!) Leave for 12 to 24 hours (the longer, the thicker).
- Cap with a secure lid and refrigerate for use up to 1 to 2 weeks.